Singletrack 6, a mountain bike race set in stages wraps up in the East Kootenay Tuesday with the fourth stage taking place in Kimberley.
From July 23rd to 28th, 2016 riders race in six separate stages across eastern British Columbia:
- July 23 – Stage 1 in Fernie (38.9 km with 1,676 m ascent)
- July 24 – Stage 2 in Fernie (33.6 km with 1,754 m ascent)
- July 25 – Stage 3 in Cranbrook (45.1 km with 1,010 m ascent)
- July 26 – Stage 4 in Kimberley (36.2km with 1,297 m ascent)
- July 27 – Stage 5 in Golden (30.5 km with 1,237 m ascent)
- July 28 – Stage 6 in Golden (55.3 km with 1,287 m ascent)
With over 20 countries represented since the races inception in 2012 as the TransRockies Challenge, organizers expect around 350 to 400 riders to complete all six stages this year.
"Single Track 6 is a marquee event that we are super excited to host," said Tourism Kimberley Executive Director Jesse Ferguson in a press release. "These events have an ongoing positive impact on the community.”
Kimberley's stage will wrap up in the downtown core Tuesday evening, officially ending the Singletrack 6 portion in the East Kootenay.
- Bradley Jones